Important Dates for 2018
Our office will be closed for the following holidays:
- January 1 - New Year's Day
- March 30 - Good Friday
- May 28 - Memorial Day
- July 4 - Independance Day
- September 3 - Labor Day
- November 22 - Thanksgiving
- November 23 - Friday following Thanksgiving
- December 25 - Christmas Day
IRS Tax dates affecting your HSA:
- January 1 – April 15 – Time period when contributions can be made for the previous tax years and the current tax year. Be sure to specify the correct tax year for your contributions made during this time period. If no tax year is specified on your contribution form your contribution will be applied to the current tax year.
- January 31 – Tax Form 1099-SA distributed. 1099-SA reports all withdrawals from the HSA between January 1 and December 31 of the previous tax year.
- April 17 – Last day to make contributions to your HSA for the previous tax year – Contributions must be RECEIVED in our office by this date.
- May 31 – Tax Form 5498-SA distributed. Form 5498-SA reports all contributions made between January 1st and December 31st of the prior tax year. This form also reports contributions made between January 1st and April 15th for the current tax year.
2018 Stock Market Holiday Schedule
- January 1 – New Years Day
- January 15 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 19 – President's Day
- March 30 – Good Friday
- May 28 – Memorial Day
- July 4 – Independence Day
- September 3 – Labor Day
- November 22 – Thanksgiving*
- December 25 – Christmas Day*
Note: Regular trading hours for the stock market are 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET. We place exchange requests at close of market, for close of market prices
* The NYSE and NASDAQ will close trading early (at 1:00 p.m. ET) – November 21, 2018