Important Dates for 2020
Our office will be closed for the following holidays:
- January 1 - New Year's Day
- May 25 - Memorial Day
- September 7 - Labor Day
- November 26 - Thanksgiving
- December 25 - Christmas Day
IRS Tax dates affecting your HSA:
- January 1 – April 15 – Time period when contributions can be made for the previous tax years and the current tax year. Be sure to specify the correct tax year for your contributions made during this time period. If no tax year is specified on your contribution form your contribution will be applied to the current tax year.
- January 31 – Tax Form 1099-SA distributed. 1099-SA reports all withdrawals from the HSA between January 1 and December 31 of the previous tax year.
- April 17 – Last day to make contributions to your HSA for the previous tax year – Contributions must be RECEIVED in our office by this date.
- May 31 – Tax Form 5498-SA distributed. Form 5498-SA reports all contributions made between January 1st and December 31st of the prior tax year. This form also reports contributions made between January 1st and April 15th for the current tax year.
Times and dates may change, for the most up-to-date and accurate information, please refer to the IRS Publication 509 (Tax Calendar 2020).
2020 Stock Market Holiday Schedule
- January 1 – New Years Day
- January 20 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 17 – President's Day
- April 10 – Good Friday
- May 25 – Memorial Day
- July 3 – In observance of Independence Day
- September 7 – Labor Day
- November 26 – Thanksgiving*
- December 25 – Christmas Day**
Note: Regular trading hours for the stock market are 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET. We place exchange requests at close of market, for close of market prices
* The NYSE and NASDAQ will close trading early (at 1:00 p.m. ET) – November 27, 2020
** The NYSE and NASDAQ will close trading early (at 1:00 p.m. ET) – December 24, 2020
The NYSE and NASDAQ will close trading early (at 2:00 p.m. ET) – December 31, 2020